I have a not so secret secret. I am a procrastinator. I put everything off to the last minute. That includes accepting the changes of the season. It is now the beginning of June and I am thinking “Oh hey, it’s summer, I should go get that backyard ready for the family”. Just a few months late according to friends and neighbours but better late than never is my motto. Maybe you are like me and never gave this a thought until now. If so let me help you out with my tips for a happy lawn for your summer enjoyment.
5 Tips for a Happy Lawn
- Believe it or not, there is a science to mowing. Mowing during the peak of the daytime heat will actually burn your grass. Aim to mow your lawn in the evening. Some will say do it early in the morning but if you are my neighbour I probably won’t like you too much 😉
- Don’t mow the lawn when it is wet. The clumped up clippings can damage your lawn and the wet lawn could damage your lawn mower and rust the blades.
- Speaking of wet lawns. If mother nature is giving you nice summer days with little rain you should give your lawn a good soaking twice a week. Don’t worry about getting out there every day and giving it a light watering. You are just wasting time and water. Your lawn needs a good proper soaking to get down to the roots.
- A tidy lawn is a happy lawn. Clean up after the pets when they do their business right away and clean up after you are done enjoying your outdoor space every day.
- Get a head start on next year and request a quote from TruGreen for your own tailored lawn plan to make sure you have a healthy and happy lawn to enjoy the 4 months a year we get to be outside in Canada.
Want some more tips for enjoying your backyard this summer? Check out this awesome infographic from TruGreen on 10 Quick and easy ways to spruce up your backyard.
Now get out there and enjoy all summer has to offer. Before we know it the snow will be on the ground again.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of TruGreen,ca. The opinions and text are all mine.