The holiday season is in full swing and I don’t know about you but it sure is expensive if you let it be. According to a recent survey by Mobilicity, 58 per cent of Canadians say they spend more than they should during the holidays which is why I want to share the following with you.
5 Tips To Avoid Overspending This Holiday Season
- Coupons are your friend. Even at this time of year coupons are your best friend. Use them and save money you don’t need to spend. When shopping online make sure to do a search of discount codes for whatever site you are buying from.
- Have a list and stick to it. I am bad at this one. I see something super cute and think “Oh Big Brother would love that”. It isn’t on his wish list nor is it on my buy list yet I end up buying it. Next thing I know I got way too many gifts to wrap Christmas Eve and my kids are overwhelmed Christmas morning.
- Take advantage of free shipping. Many sites offer free shipping if you order over a certain amount. Take advantage of this offer. I have been known to buy an extra $3 item to save the $25 shipping fee I would be hit with.
- Don’t put it on the credit card. It is so easy to put all your Christmas purchases on credit cards. However this leaves you with a crazy amount of debt and regret in the new year. My 1 rule with shopping is if I don’t have the cash I don’t buy it. Even when using my credit card online, as soon as I make the purchase I put the cash on the credit card to cover it.
- Shop the sales. Many stores will start running midnight madness sales this week. I always make sure to attend the events that have the items still missing off my list.
The kind folks at Mobilicity offered me the opportunity to give one of my lucky CANADIAN readers a HTC One S Smartphone and 6 months of service. Please make sure to read the terms and conditions listed at the bottom of the rafflecopter form.
Winner will receive:
- One HTC One S Smartphone from Mobilicity
- 6 months of service from Mobilicty on their $45 plan.
- Phone is yours to keep even should you not continue service after the 6 months.
Disclaimer: Content courtesy of Mobilicity, Canada’s smart mobile carrier. Find out how to avoid a holiday shopping hangover and reduce your monthly spending all year round with unlimited data, talk and text, without contracts and hidden fees at Mobilicity.ca. Now that’s smart!